Where Can I Sell My Old Diamonds?
Diamonds are regarded for their beauty, but they’re also known as a valuable asset. If you’re looking to sell diamonds or wondering where to sell loose diamonds, or you want to learn how to sell a diamond ring or where to sell diamond jewelry online, the following information will be useful.
Finding a reputable and trustworthy buyer is the first step in the process. In the past, people typically sold to traditional in-person buyers like pawn shops, jewelers, second-hand stores, or specialized cash-for-gold storefronts. Others attempt to sell their diamonds directly via Craigslist and other local marketplaces.
Today, however, an increasingly popular choice is to sell to a dedicated online diamond buyer like Cash for Gold USA. Selling online tends to be faster, simpler, and more lucrative. These online diamond buying businesses evolved in the early 2000s because of their ability to offer more competitive rates than pawn shops or jewelers since they didn’t have to carry the heavy burden of overhead expenses like running a storefront. In addition, we caution you against selling direct to an unknown buyer on Craigslist which can pose dangerous risks.
Why Should I Sell My Diamond Ring Online?
Here are a few reasons selling online is a great option:
- Traditional buyers can are limited by their overhead costs. They have higher overhead costs from running a store, and they need to be able to resell the item at a sufficient profit. That profit comes out of your offer.
- Successful Online buyers are able to be more competitive. Running a successful online business is cheaper by comparison and because Cash for Gold USA does so much volume, they’re able to make smaller margins.
- Selling online can be done 100% remotely. Each step can be done from anywhere via a PC, tablet, or mobile device. There’s no travel inconvenience, gas money or extra effort required.
- Online buyers pay for items that in-person buyers might reject. Traditional pawn shops and jewelers look for good resale value, so they may reject certain items based on condition and quality. An online buyer may be more likely to buy flawed diamonds and broken jewelry for their material value.
- Selling diamonds online is safe. Our private transactions are protected, risk-free and easy to do. We ship overnight through FedEx and all shipments are insured up to $5,000.00 with additional insurance available when necessary (up to $100,000.00 USD).
Cash For Diamonds: How Is the Value Determined?
Unlike precious metals, the value of a diamond is determined by more than weight and purity. Instead, it is based mainly on four key characteristics. These are typically referred to as “the 4 Cs.”
The 4 Cs include:
- Carat: The weight of the stone. 1 carat = 0.2 grams.
- Cut: The shape and faceting of the diamond (heart, round, princess, etc.).
- Color: The richness and hue of the diamond (white, yellow, pink, etc.).
- Clarity: How flawed the diamond is. Flaws in the material make it look cloudy. The clearer the stone, the more flawless it is.
It takes special expertise to determine the 4 Cs of a diamond. At Cash for Gold USA, our appraisers have been trained and certified by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
How Much Can I Get for My Diamond Jewelry?
If you’re selling a diamond item with other materials, the total value will include the precious metals and the diamond(s). The price of a diamond engagement ring with a gold band, for example, would be based on the value of the diamond, the market price for gold, and the weight and purity of the band.
As for the diamonds, we offer competitive prices and value your diamonds based on the quality, color, and carat. Besides being able to sell diamond rings, here are some of the types of diamond items that we buy:
- Diamond engagement rings
- Diamond wedding bands
- Diamond tennis bracelets
- Diamond earrings
- Diamond studded pendants
- Diamond necklaces
- Loose diamonds
- Chipped diamonds
- Flawed or cracked diamonds
Why Sell Gold Diamond Jewelry To Cash For Gold USA?
Wondering where to sell diamond rings online for the best price and experience? Here are a few reasons Cash for Gold USA is the best online diamond buyer:
- We pay more than our competitors. Top Consumer Reviews independently rated us as the number one online gold buyer in America.
- You’ll have an offer within 24 hours. Within a day of receiving your items, we’ll have them appraised and send you our best possible offer.
- We make it incredibly easy to sell. It takes only a couple of minutes to request a free appraisal kit. Once you’ve sent your items, all you have to do is wait for our offer. Simply accept it or request your items back, and you’re done!
- Our process is risk-free. When considering where to sell diamonds online, look for fair practices. Our process has no unexpected fees or shipping costs, and we’ll send your items back (fully insured) if you choose not to sell.
How To Sell Diamonds Online To Cash For Gold USA
Selling diamonds can be a rewarding experience. Although you may have questions, our trusted team has helped tens of thousands of customers safely sell their valuable stones and are they’re ready and willing to help you.
Here’s how it works:
- Request a free appraisal kit online and wait for shipping materials.
- When they arrive, use the materials to ship us your diamond items.
- We’ll have your items evaluated and send you an offer within 24 hours of receipt.
- If our offer meets your expectation, simply accept payment. If not, let us know and we’ll send your items back.
As you can see, the process of selling diamonds online to Cash For Gold USA ensures safety and optimal return on your diamond investment. Still have questions? Give us a call at 866-300-1430 or get started today by filling out our brief form to request free shipping.
My son wanted to try this out. We researched it carefully. The whole process was so simple and straight forward. We had the money for his gold bracelet within 48 hours of submitting the safe pak. Fast and friendly service!
Everything was so fast and efficient. So little effort on my part other then just putting my items in a prepaid envelope . The communication was excellent. And i think I got a fair quote which I accepted.
Was hesitant about sending to them but after looking at reviews I gave it a shot. Not disappointed at all with their quick response and pay.