How Much Is Broken Gold Jewelry Worth?

No matter what kind of jewelry you have, gold jewelry is not 100% gold, as jewelers mix in other unique metals to support the design. It is better to get an estimated calculation of the present gold in the jewelry to get the exact amount. Look for markings that show the gold’s purity, such as 18K. Karat is a measurement of purity. 18K jewelry is comprised of 75% gold, while the remaining 25% is composed of a non-precious alloy.

Know the Current Gold Rate

Make sure you know the latest gold prices well, so you get cash according to market rates. You can check the gold price or send in your gold to have it quickly appraised by our expert, GIA-certified staff.

Check for Gemstones in Your Jewelry

Gemstones can be worth a lot, but it is never a good idea to sell attached gems with your gold jewelry. It is better to remove any gemstone, as it can affect the overall weight of the gold. Cash for Gold USA can also appraise your valuables with the gems included, if you’re not concerned about recovering their value. Those gems will be most likely melted down during the precious metal refining process.

Cash for Gold USA promises 100 percent customer satisfaction, guaranteed. If you are not completely happy with your offer for any reason whatsoever, all you have to do is decline your offer and Cash for Gold USA will return your item(s) free of charge. So if you’re looking to sell gold jewelry, there really is no easier way or a better company to do business with.

Shopper Approved

Was hesitant about sending to them but after looking at reviews I gave it a shot. Not disappointed at all with their quick response and pay.

Steve M.

Everything was so fast and efficient. So little effort on my part other then just putting my items in a prepaid envelope . The communication was excellent. And i think I got a fair quote which I accepted

Dori P.

My son wanted to try this out. We researched it carefully. The whole process was so simple and straight forward. We had the money for his gold bracelet within 48 hours of submitting the safe pak. Fast and friendly service!

Chris S.

The Process of Selling Broken Gold Jewelry

Here are some things you should consider before you sell your broken gold chain or other broken jewelry.

How Much Is Broken Gold Jewelry Worth?

No matter what type of jewelry you have, gold jewelry is typically not 100% gold unless it’s 24k (and then it’s only 99.99%). Jewelers mix in other unique metals to support the design, make it more cost effective, and to give the pieces a different aesthetic. It is better to get an estimated calculation of the present gold in the jewelry to get the exact amount. Look for markings that show the gold’s purity, such as 18K. Karat is a standardized measurement of purity. 18K jewelry is comprised of 75% gold, while the remaining 25% is composed of a non-precious alloy.

Know the Current Gold Rate

Make sure you know the latest gold prices well, so you get an offer according to market rates. You can check the gold prices on various sites online or send in your gold to have it quickly appraised by our expert, GIA-certified staff. We use Kitco.com for our gold pricing.

Check for Gemstones in Your Jewelry

Gemstones can be have value, but certain buyers will only purchase specific stones. And a deduction is normally made for the weight of a gemstone on a piece to determine the actual precious metal weight. This is completely normal. Cash for Gold USA can purchase all pieces with the gems included, however, only diamonds will add value to your offer. If you want to save your gemstones, remove them prior to shipping in your valuables otherwise those gems will be most likely melted down during the precious metal refining process since they don’t have an aftermarket that would offset their removal, in-house..

Cash for Gold USA promises 100 percent customer satisfaction, guaranteed. If our offer does not meet your expectations for any reason whatsoever, simply decline and we’ll return your item(s) free of charge. So if you’re looking to sell gold jewelry, there really is no simpler way or a more elegant company to do business with.


About Cash For Gold USA

Cash for Gold USA is a prominent online buyer of goldsilver, platinum, and palladium in the United States. Since 2005, we have paid millions to thousands of customers for their unwanted or broken precious metal jewelry. We offer a quick and straightforward selling process, ensuring customers receive prompt and competitive offers for their items. Learn more about us and what our customers say about Cash for Gold USA, or request your free Appraisal Kit now:

Name