The internet has bettered our lives in countless ways, from the way we work to the way we shop. With unprecedented access to buyers from the comfort of home, it has also made selling jewelry faster and easier than ever. Unlike selling to in-person retailers, selling online to Cash for Gold USA offers the best pay without the hassle.
Why Sell Your Unwanted Jewelry?
People have different reasons for selling various types of jewelry. In some cases, it’s a matter of cleaning out an old jewelry box and freeing up storage for updated pieces. In others, a person may have inherited heirloom jewelry from a loved one that they have no use for. It’s also quite common for a person to sell an old promise, engagement, or wedding ring after the end of a relationship.
Whether your reasons are financial, practical, or emotional, there’s no need to continue holding on to pieces you don’t connect with. If you sell jewelry online, you can clean out your storage and start fresh without sacrificing their material worth.
Where to Sell Jewelry
There are a wide variety of options for selling jewelry both online and in person, such as:
- Jewelry stores: Standard jewelry retailers sometimes buy jewelry and gemstones for resale or reuse. However, because they have to run a physical store, they typically only offer sellers a portion of items’ retail value. There’s also no guarantee they’ll buy your items at all.
- Pawn shops: Pawn shops are similar to jewelry stores in that they focus primarily on reselling your items. They will keep a portion of the resale value, and they may not be interested in all of your items.
- Online sales platforms like Etsy and eBay: Platforms like these make it possible to sell to customers on your own, but they are still retail-focused. Not only is it up to you to market your items and gather interest, the platforms generally take a portion of each sale as a fee.
- Direct online gold and diamond buyers: Online direct buyers like Cash for Gold USA aren’t interested in reselling your jewelry, but in recycling them for their materials. This means they can buy any item regardless of its condition or consumers’ preferences. They also have fewer overhead costs and won’t take a cut of your pay, giving you the full material value of your jewelry.
The Benefits of Selling to Cash for Gold USA
There are many benefits when you sell jewelry online with Cash for Gold USA. Here are just a few reasons why we’re the best choice:
- We consistently pay more than our competitors. If anyone manages to offer you more, we’ll match their price. Our appraisers are also trained by the Gemological Institute of America, which helps ensure that you get the full, accurate value.
- We’ll take any item, no matter what condition it’s in. We deal in materials, which means we’ll buy jewelry that others won’t. Even if it’s cracked, chipped, or broken, we’re still interested.
- Our appraisals are free and fast. Within 24 hours of receiving your jewelry, we’ll have it appraised and send you our best offer.
- The entire process is risk-free. There is never any obligation to go through with the sale, and all shipments are tracked and insured against loss.
How to Sell Jewelry
At Cash for Gold USA, our streamlined process makes the selling experience simple and stress-free. Here’s how it works:
- First, request your free appraisal kit by filling out a brief online form. This takes only a couple of minutes and can be done in the comfort of home. Submit your information, and we’ll send you the necessary shipping materials.
- When your shipping materials arrive, place your unwanted jewelry items inside and ship them to us at no charge.
- Once we’ve received your jewelry, our appraisers will evaluate your pieces. Within 24 hours after receipt, we’ll send you our best offer.
- If you’re happy with your offer, you can simply accept the payment. If you’re not satisfied or change your mind for any reason, decline the offer, and we’ll ship your items back to you for free.
We Accept All Kinds of Jewelry
At Cash for Gold USA, we aren’t concerned with whether we can resell your item as-is. We’ll gladly buy any kind of jewelry, regardless of quality, age, or style.
Examples of jewelry you can sell include:
- An engagement or wedding ring from a past relationship
- Vintage jewelry left to you by a deceased family member
- Broken bracelets, necklace chains, and metal watch bands
- Rings, earrings, and pendants with chipped, cracked, or broken stones
- Loose gemstones that have fallen out of settings
- Old pieces you no longer wear regularly
Determining How Much Your Jewelry Is Worth
The value of a piece of jewelry is based on different factors, depending on its materials. For precious metals like gold, silver, and platinum, the value is based on the metal’s current market price and the weight of the material. For diamonds and other gemstones, determining value is a little more complex.
Diamonds are appraised based primarily on four key categories: cut, clarity, color, and carat. A trained evaluator will look for certain characteristics under each category and assign an appropriate grade. The better the stone scores in these areas, the higher its value is likely to be.
If you’re selling jewelry made from multiple types of metal and/or gemstones, you’ll be paid for the value of each material.
Request a Free Jewelry Appraisal Today
The best way to find out exactly how much your jewelry is worth is to have it professionally appraised. At Cash for Gold USA, our GIA-trained appraisers will make sure you get the most accurate price. We’ll also guide you through the process and provide everything you need to ship us your items for free.
Whether you have old, unwanted necklaces, diamond rings, heirloom pieces, or broken parts, we’ll help you turn them into income. Request your free appraisal kit online today to get started.