If you’ve got a gold necklace sitting in your jewelry box that’s old, broken or just not your style, here’s how you can turn it into extra money for bills, groceries, gifts, and more.
Where Can I Sell My Gold Necklace Near Me?
One option is to sell your necklace to an in-person buyer with a physical location (pawn shops, jewelry stores, etc.). These types of buyers are usually resellers, so they offer a portion of the resale value to make a profit.
Another option is to sell to an online gold buyer like Cash for Gold USA. Instead of going to a physical store, everything is handled remotely and can be done from home. These buyers are more interested in the material value of the gold, so they don’t have to worry about resale value.
Why Should I Sell My Gold Necklace Online?
Thanks to advancements in technology and the growth of e-commerce, selling gold jewelry online has become easier and more beneficial to sellers than in-person transactions.
Here are just a few reasons why selling online is the best choice:
- You get a bigger payout. Online buyers aren’t concerned with resale and don’t have the overhead costs of a store. This allows them to offer more money.
- There’s no travel or physical effort. Everything can be done from your browser. There’s no need to get ready or drive around.
- More competition means better results for you. Physical stores compete with local businesses, while online buyers have competition from all over the world. This drives companies to be more competitive (for example, we offer 3 times our competitors!).
- It takes practically no time at all. Because it’s all done online on your own time, each step takes only a fraction of the time it would in person.
How Much Is My Jewelry Worth?
There are a few things that go into determining the price of a gold necklace. The value of the gold itself is based on its weight, purity, and current market price.
Purity indicates how much gold is present in the metal. The ratio of pure gold to other elements is its karat value. Gold jewelry is often stamped with its purity, but it can also be determined through testing.
Common karat ratios (and their percentage of gold) include:
- 24K (99.9%)
- 22K (91.7%)
- 18K (75%)
- 14K (58.3%)
- 12K (50.0%)
- 10K (41.7%)
The purity of the gold (as a decimal) can then be multiplied by weight of the gold and the current market price. For example: if you sell a 14K gold necklace weighing 0.3 ounces at $1,700 per ounce, the calculation is 1700 x 0.3 x 0.583 = $297.33.Cash for Gold USA also has an online gold calculator you can use to estimate the value of your jewelry.
What Can I Get for My Gold Necklace?
The amount you’ll be offered will also include the value of any other metals or gemstones used. It’s also important to note that the price of gold changes regularly. The real question is “how much is my gold jewelry worth today?” The only way to know for sure how much you can sell a gold necklace for is to get an estimate from the buyer.
Why Sell to Cash for Gold USA?
Here are just a few reasons why we’re confident we’re the best place to sell gold necklaces and jewelry online:
- We pay more than other online buyers. A Fox undercover investigation found that we pay 3 times more than our competitors. If you can find a better offer, we’ll match it.
- Appraisals are free and fast. Shipping is free and appraisals are completed within 24 hours.
- There’s no risk or commitment. There are no repercussions if you decide not to sell, and we’ll send your necklace back at no charge. All shipments are insured and trackable.
- We guarantee you get what you’re owed.
How to Sell Used Gold Jewelry to Cash for Gold USA
Selling a gold necklace to Cash for Gold USA is a quick, simple process. Here’s how it works:
- Request a free appraisal kit from our website.
- When the shipping materials arrive, fill them with your gold items and send them to us.
- Within 24 hours of receipt, we’ll have your items appraised and send you an offer.
- If you like the offer, accept it and get paid! If you don’t, decline the offer and we’ll send your item(s) back.
Ready to clean out your drawers and turn unwanted jewelry into money for other things? Request a free appraisal kit right now and find out how much you can get for your gold.