Whether it’s a diamond ring or a vintage coin, selling gold can be a great way to make extra money and free up storage space at home. No matter what kinds of items you have, the first step to selling gold in the Philadelphia area is to find a buyer you can trust.
Where to Sell Gold in Philadelphia
Traditionally, gold buyers in Philadelphia, PA have been in-person businesses like pawn shops, jewelers, and other stores. You could sell your gold to this type of buyer, but retailers like these make a profit by paying you only part of your items’ resale value. They also won’t buy broken or damaged items that they can’t resell.
On the other hand, online gold buyers like Cash For Gold USA will pay you for the full, fair market value of your unwanted gold. Unlike retailers, we’re interested in the raw materials themselves, which can be recycled for reuse.
Cash For Gold USA is easily the best place to sell gold in Philadelphia. Our risk-free process begins with a free appraisal, completed by GIA-certified professionals within 24 hours of item receipt. We also pay top dollar.
Sell Gold Coins in Philadelphia
All kinds of gold coins can be sold for their material value, from collectible tokens to defunct foreign currencies. Even if it has no face value or is in poor condition, we’ll still pay you the market price for the gold content your coin contains.
Examples of gold coins we buy include:
- Current U.S. bullion coins
- Gold Eagles
- Gold Buffalos
- Vintage coins
- Pre-1933 U.S. gold coins
- Various world coins (German Marks, British Sovereigns, etc.)
- Collectible coins
- Seasonal or event coins (Olympics, Lunar New Year, limited special events)
- Commemorative or memorial coins (presidential coins, celebrity coins, etc.)
Before you sell, you may want to consult with a coin or antiques dealer to determine whether any of your coins may have additional historical or collectible value. In some cases, the amount a collector will pay for a rare or unique coin can outweigh its material value.
Sell Gold Jewelry in Philadelphia
Over time, old, unwanted and broken gold jewelry can build up in your jewelry box. Selling them to Cash For Gold USA can free up space and give you the money to buy new pieces that suit your current style.
Types of jewelry and accessories you might sell include:
- Unworn engagement rings or wedding bands
- Old jewelry that has gone out of style
- Single gold earrings missing their match
- Broken chains, toggles, clasps, etc.
- Gold watches or watch bands
Sell Scrap Gold
Any gold item that is best suited to recycling can be considered “scrap gold.” If an item can’t be resold as is for whatever reason, it can still be sold for its scrap material value.
Common examples of scrap gold include:
- Broken, scratched or dented items
- Gold cabinet hardware or drawer pulls
- Gold bridges, crowns, and other dental gold
- Gold furniture embellishments and other pieces of decor
- Gold salvaged from electronics
At Cash For Gold USA, we’re interested in all sorts of precious metals, including gold, silver and platinum. Although silver may not be worth as much as gold, it’s also a great source of additional income.
Examples of common silver items you may have in your home include:
- Unwanted or damaged silver jewelry
- Silver furniture hardware
- Silver and silver-plated utensils
- Current and vintage silver coins (American Silver Eagles, etc.)
Want to find out how much you can make by selling gold and silver in the Philadelphia area? Get started by requesting a free appraisal kit today.