When times are tough, people turn to commodities like gold to make ends meet. So whether you need fast cash for expenses or simply want to trade in your old jewelry, with the price of gold at all-time highs, you probably have a fortune in gold, silver, and diamonds at home and don’t even know it.
At Cash for Gold USA, we have over 15 years in the business, buying millions of dollars worth of valuables from customers just like you. See our previous payouts.
If you’re ready to sell gold online, get the most money, and have a 100% guarantee to back out of the deal, contact us at Cash for Gold USA to set up your free appraisal.
What We Buy
How Much Is My Gold Worth?
Before you sell your gold, silver, and diamonds, first get them evaluated by a trusted, respectable industry leader.
To start selling gold online with Cash for Gold USA, simply determine your gold’s weight and karat value. The purity of gold is known as “karat,” and most items fall under the following karat value:
- 24k: 99% purity
- 22k: 91.7% purity
- 18k: 75% purity
- 14k: 58.33% pure gold
- 10k: 41.67% pure
- 8k: 33.37% pure
We make our appraisal based on the purity of the jewelry (karat), the weight of the material, and the current spot market prices for precious metals and diamonds to give you top dollar for your gold, precious metals and diamonds.
Valuable Gold Items You May Have At Home
At Cash for Gold USA, we offer top-dollar for precious metals, gold, diamonds, and even your scrap gold. Items such as gold accessories, a single earring, or other gold that could be worth more than you think!
The gold items we buy:
- Scrap gold such as broken jewelry pieces
- Gold bands and chains
- Gold charms and bracelets
- Gold rings
- Gold coins
We make it easy for you to sell gold online and offer the best prices for gold and jewelry anywhere online.
How To Test Gold At Home
If there is no karat marking or you’re not sure whether an item is made from real gold or has been plated, there are a few simple at-home tests you can do to find out.
- Rub the item against a piece of unglazed porcelain. If it leaves a black streak, the item is made from pyrite (“fool’s gold”) rather than real gold. If the streak is gold-colored, it is made from real gold.
- Hold a magnet above the gold item. Gold is not magnetic, so if your item is attracted to the magnet, there are significant impurities in the metal. The low purity also tells you it’s not likely to have a very high karat value or be gold at all.
- If the item passes these two tests, you may choose to purchase a home gold testing solution from a store. These can help you get a more accurate idea of how pure the gold material is.
Keep in mind that even commercial home testing solutions are only rough field tests and cannot tell you the exact composition of your gold items. The only way you can be certain of an item’s purity and value is to have it assessed by a professional with access to proper equipment.
Buy and Sell Gold Online
If you’re ready and still wondering how to sell gold online and if Cash for Gold USA will buy it, our process is simple.
- Fill out a request for an appraisal form.
- Pack your items in the secure, insured SAFEPAK or FedEx Envelope (or box of your own choice with our pre-paid FedEx label) and send them to us through USPS or FedEx, respectively.
- Cash for Gold USA will make you a cash offer within 24-hours of receipt (we buy almost all materials based on weight and purity and current market trends).
- If you accept the offer, expect your payment to be made immediately.
- If the offer is unsatisfactory, we’ll repackage your valuables and send it to back to you at no charge.
If you have any questions, please contact us about how to securely sell your gold for cash from home.
About Cash For Gold USA
Cash For Gold USA is proud to be one of the nation’s most reputable online gold buying companies. Despite the focus on gold in our name, we also deal in other valuable precious metals, including silver, platinum and palladium. We have more than 35 years of experience in the scrap metals industry, and since 2005 we’ve paid more than thousands of customers millions of dollars for their broken or unwanted precious metal jewelry.
We know you want to get the most cash as soon as possible, which is why we strive to make the selling process quick and easy. Unlike pawnbrokers who focus primarily on issuing collateral loans and reselling pawned items, dealing in metals is all we do. While a pawn shop might have some understanding of what your jewelry might be worth, our experts can give you the most accurate value for your gold and offer you the highest payouts.